To register, please fill out this form
Schedule, Pricing, Booking and Course Details
The course will be delivered in English.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT: Participants are requested to bring their own laptops and ensure that they are able to boot using a Live USB.
Registration fee (taxes not included):
– Regular: 2500 Euros per attendant.
– Academia: 2250 Euros per attendant.
Registration includes the live USB distribution and printed course materials. Lunches are not included.
It is possible to attend to the IH2VOF course as well. A discounted registration fee is available:
– Regular: 3000 Euros per attendant.
– Academia: 2500 Euros per attendant.
Contents of the four-day course
Introduction to coastal engineering processes.
- Introduction to numerical modelling of waves and active wave absorption.
- Start-to-end methodology.
- Advanced mesh generation with OpenFOAM® native tools.
- Applications to 2D and 3D processes:
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Wave generation and active wave absorption
- Mesh deformation and dynamic mesh refinement.
- Wave interaction with porous structures.
- Visualize computed results using ParaView® and tailored post-processing tools especially designed for coastal engineering applications.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Set up, simulate and post-process a large variety of cases.
- Simulate surf zone hydrodynamics processes and wave interaction with coastal structures including three-dimensional random sea states and considering conventional or non conventional coastal structures.
- Analyse functionality and stability of coastal structures: wave reflection and transmission, wave run-up on coastal structures, wave dissipation, overtopping discharge, wave induced forces and moments.
- Apply advanced techniques as mesh movement or mesh refinement.
- Visualize your results using ParaView® and create videos of them.
What you get
- IHFOAM-solvers source code
- IHFOAM-GUI code.
- New three-dimensional wave generation and active wave absorption boundary conditions source code
- Detailed step-by-step tutorials
- Preprocessing tools
- Universal postprocessing tools (Linux/Mac/Windows)
- A set of benchmark cases
Iñigo J. Losada (Full Profesor, IH Cantabria)
Javier L.Lara (Associate Researcher, IH Cantabria)
Maria Maza (PHD Researcher, IH Cantabria)